Saturday, March 14, 2009

Random Scribes of Awesome.

I had a fat thought yesterday: I asked if I could get my red beans & rice from Popeye's Supersized. I could not. But Alaska was nice enough to order red beans y rice too so that I could have hers. And I had a dream about chili cheese fries from Krystals. I've been dreamin about Krystals a lot lately.

I went to the thrift stores across town today. I FORGOT how AWESOME that Goodwill is over there, even though it's in the mondoredneck part of town. I found 3 plaid buttondowns for $4 each. I wouldn't have paid that for shirts at a thrift store, but they were Polo. And that sounds more name-brand conscious than I actually am, but I like the way their buttondowns fit, and they were size 16 in boys which happens to be perfecto. And I bought some shorts that are pretty sexy. But. My treasure find this time was a pair of brown wingtip shoes! Like, authentic wingtips, not Doc Marten punkrock sxc wingtips...they look a tad mangy but once i polish them OH MY GOD I'm gonna be lookin sharp. I'm pretty excited. I only have $60 to last me until I get paid next, but I get paid Friday so it's not so bad. I still need to know how to print off my check stub so that I can apply for section 8 housing and food stamps.

I've decided I REALLY like my job, and I can't wait to get more into it, like, have more stuff. And I can't wait to get more organized too. Man it's kinda sad too thought because some of those kids really go through it, but I hope they get a little bit of relief or happiness or something positive from the program. Uh.

Also. Someone buy me these.


BADASSERY ABOUND.

No comments:

I am:

My photo
They call me Tay Sachs. I leave 'em breathless.

The Watchful Eye