Thursday, October 22, 2009

Your Ex-Lover is Dead

So I just used my Jump to Conclusions mat to find out that my ex is dating someone else. Which, is great. She's dating this superhot chick i flirted with on this random website. What sucks about this situation is. I've been holding of emotionally because I felt it was somehow wrong to get emotional with someone else without knowing that she was okay. I didn't want her to see me out with someone and get crazy and run away like she did when she saw me out by myself. I know we're broken up for a while now, but I didn't want to hurt her anymore than I already have (through what, I dunno.) I mean, obviously she knew I was doin other people because that's why she stopped talking to me in the first place. But if she'd slowed down to listen to me for half a second she'd know that sex and emotions are two totally different things. Just because I was fuckin didn't mean I was just over her like that. So here I am with this awesome chick, wondering 'If I fall for this chick and i post pictures of our nubial bliss all over my facebook, is she gonna shit a brick?'...and she's dating people. And THAT. is what sucks. What sucks is that people are so quick to point out your shortcomings without realizing the sacrifices you make for them. What sucks is that she was my best friend, and now we don't talk. And that's fine that she took a break; it was hard for me to stop calling her, even as a friend, but I also realized it's not about me. I can be friends with my exes; she can't. Or maybe just not with me. What sucks is I've been putting myself on hold waiting for her to get 'better', when she's been better for a while. And that's not on anyone but myself, I realize that; it just sucks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

bravo! man I wish women (the ones u date anyway) would realizes that its not just their feelings that are being dangled over the fire...i tell my ex's all the time im not you and you are not me...you cant think i will do things the way you expect me to simply because they are your expectations..not mine... then when you try to compensate or empathize for their feelings over yours...you get the short end of the stick...the sharp pointy end of the stick. End up hurting yourself more than anybody else. or at least more than they seem to be hurtiing. i dont know about everyone else but Im not a fan of hurting my own feelings.

I am:

My photo
They call me Tay Sachs. I leave 'em breathless.

The Watchful Eye